• The first thing to pay attention to is the size of the diagonal. The larger it is, the better the information is visually perceived, but devices with a large diagonal are more expensive.
• Color depth. For a navigation device, 16-256 colors are enough, if it is supplemented with video viewing functions, the ability to play games, then it is better to take a device with 65 thousand colors.
• Frame frequency. The higher it is, the clearer the image of small details, 30 frames per second is enough for the navigator.
• Viewing angle. For comfortable use, 50 ° is enough, the maximum viewing angle without deterioration of image visibility is up to 120 °.
1. Random access memory . One of the important parameters that is responsible for the speed of GPS, therefore, the higher this indicator, the faster the device will download any changes on the way and will not "slow down" in other operating modes. Basically, the market offers models with 256-1024 MB RAM.
2. Built-in memory . This indicator determines how much information, laid routes can be stored in the device. Although often navigators provide for the connection of an additional memory card.
3. CPU . The frequency of the process also affects the performance and speed of the device. When choosing, the same principle applies - the higher the CPU, the better. A navigator, for example, for taxi drivers must have a high frequency.
4. Antenna . A navigator is a receiving device that receives information from a satellite, for this it is equipped with an antenna. It can be placed inside the navigator or outside. The internal antenna provides a small size of the device, but the signal receives weaker due to its suppression by the housing and interference from other parts, less power-consuming. An external antenna makes the device larger, but such a device receives better signal.
5. GPS navigator interface . The presence of a module for connecting WI-FI mobile Internet or a telephone module for using the device as a phone.